I have lived in the Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts for the last 35 years. My artistic influences include post-modern architecture, traditional Japanese architecture, modernist sculpture, and contemporary jazz. When I am not producing sawdust, I enjoy bird watching, walking on quiet country roads with my family, and working in my vegetable garden.
1974 - Present Woodworker / Teacher
2004, 2005, 2010 Taught woodworking at Snow Farm: The New England Craft Program
1985 - 1998 Taught woodworking and furniture design in Smith College’s Art Department.
Designed and built fine contemporary furniture.
1982 - 1984 Functioned as Graduate Assistant in Rochester Institute of Technology’s Furniture
Design/Woodworking Program. Co-taught wood elective classes.
1974 - 1982 Operated a woodworking business designing and building custom and limited edition
furniture, craft items, and cabinets.
Masters of Fine Arts Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) 1984 in Furniture Design/Woodworking
B.A. in English State University of New York at Albany 1972
Additional Studies Smith College Department of Education
Industrial Design - Massachusetts College of Art
Sculpture - The Museum School
PAST AND PRESENT EXHIBITIONS
- Skaneateles Artisans (Skaneateles, NY) 2017 - present
- Don Muller Gallery (Northampton, MA) 1985 - present
- Brookfield Craft Center "Holiday Sale" (Brookfield, CT) 2002 - 2007, 2015 - 2018
- Wharton Escherick Museum "The 24th Annual Woodworking Competition Exhibition" (Malvern, PA) 2017
- Brookline Arts Center "Contemporary Crafts" (Brookline, MA) 2017
- Worcester Center for Crafts (Worcester, MA) 2003 - 2016
- Paradise City Fairs (Northampton, MA) 2015
- Creative Arts Workshop (New Haven, CT) 2010, 2012, 2014
- Harbor Square Gallery (Rockland, ME) 2003 - 2013
- Salmon Falls Artisans Showroom "New Wooden Vessels by Edward Jacob" (Shelburne Falls, MA) 2012
- Paradise City Fairs (Marlboro, MA) 2010, 2012
- Berkshire Craft Fair (Great Barrington, MA) 2010 - Special Recognition Award
- Guilford Art Center "Artistry" (Guilford, CT) 2002 - 2007
- New City Art "Would/Wood" (Easthampton, MA) 2003
- Concord Art Association "New American Crafts" (Concord, MA) 2002
- Ferrin Gallery "Contemporary Clocks and Treasure Boxes" (Northampton, MA) 1991
- Carlyn Gallery "Wood Invitational" (New York, NY) 1986
- Hillyer Gallery "Four Woodworkers Design for Living" Smith College (Northampton, MA) 1985